May 5, 2023
Importance Of Safety Shoes: The Benefits Of Protective Footwear
In this article, we will explore the importance safety shoes.
At First Avenue Supplies, PPE and Safety Wear is our speciality – that includes everything down to safety shoes.
If you work in an industry which handles hazardous materials or exposes you to dangerous conditions, you probably already wear safety shoes. The use of proper protective gear is essential in preventing workplace accidents and injuries.
The Importance of Safety Shoes
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to safety footwear, as different work environments and conditions require different types of protective shoes. However, one thing remains consistent – the protective benefits they offer.
Here are the top 4 benefits of wearing safety shoes:
1. Foot protection
Of course, this is the most obvious reason for wearing safety shoes. There are many different elements the show can protect the wearer from;
- Falling or dropped objects – in the industrial settings these shoes will be worn, there is a risk of heavy objects being dropped. Safety shoes have a strengthened or steel toed cap to provide some protection to the wearer.
- Punctures/cuts – If you work in an area with sharp or dangerous objects, you need to wear shoes with thick, strong soles and uppers to protect your feet. They can also offer cut resistance and water resistance for wet environments.
- Burns – Safety shoes can protect you from hot substances, fire, and chemicals that can cause burns or skin injury.
- Weather – If you work outside in wet or cold environments, you need weatherproof and insulated footwear to protect your feet from the elements.
2. Prevents Slips and Falls
Wearing nonslip shoes or adding nonslip floor tape can reduce the risk of slips and falls, which are common causes of workplace injuries.
3. Provides Electrical Safety
Non-conductive shoes made of leather or rubber can protect you from electric shocks, sparks, or static accumulation. Antistatic or conductive shoes can also be worn if static electricity accumulates.
4. Reduces Foot Fatigue
Standing or walking for extended periods on concrete can cause foot fatigue. Protective footwear with cushioning and arch support can reduce muscle strain, which can lead to chronic low back pain and other musculoskeletal problems.
Safety Shoes from First Avenue Supplies
At First Avenue Supplies we have a huge range of safety footwear that we can offer. Each different type is suitable for a different industry.
All of our safety foot wear can be seen in our catalogue on page 584 for more information or to discuss your requirements please contact us today or pop into our Milton Keynes store.